May 29, 2004

Random 20 Quotes

  • Murphy's Laws: (1) If anything can go wrong, it will. (2) Nothing is as easy as it looks. (3) Everything takes longer than you think it will.
  • Calvin: "I was put on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I'm so far behind I will never die."
  • Hobbes: "I don't know which is worse, ...that everyone has his price, or that the price is always so low."
  • Homer: "Weaseling out of things is an important skill to learn. Its what separates us from the animals. Except the weasel"
  • Homer: "The only danger is if they send us to that terrible planet of the apes. Wait a minute. Statue of Liberty....that was our planet! You monsters! You blew it up! Damn you! Damn you all to hell!!!"
  • Oscar Wilde: "Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing worth knowing can be taught."
  • Arthur C. Clarke: "Quando omni flunkus moritati" [When all else fails, play dead]
  • Albert Einstein: "In order to form an immaculate member of a flock of sheep one must, above all, be a sheep."
  • Douglas Adams: "In the beginning there was nothing... which was a paradox because of its own existence, so it exploded."
  • Douglas Adams: "If you don't change your beliefs, your life will be like this forever. Is that good news?"
  • Douglas Adams: "I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be."
  • Woody Allen: "When I was in school, I cheated on my metaphysics exam: I looked into the soul of the boy sitting next to me."
  • Microsoft [software marketing department]: "Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
  • Maslow: "If you only have a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail."
  • Mark Twain: "All generalizations are false, including this one."
  • From Taken: "What makes a man who he is? Is it the worst things he's ever done? Or the best things he wants to be? When you find yourself in the middle of your life and you're nowhere near where you were going, how do you find a way from the person you've become, to the one you know you could have been?"
  • Friedrich Nietzsche: "Morality is the herd-instinct in the individual."
  • Read on Slashdot: "There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't."
  • Bertrand Russell: "It seems to be the fate of idealists to obtain what they have struggled for in a form which destroys their ideals."
  • Billy Joel: "You may be right, I may be crazy; But it just might be a lunatic you're looking for"

No comments: