June 14, 2004

Zizou Magic

I promised myself that I'll not write about each match during this Euro cup. I didn't want this to turn into a sports blog. Well, I'm still writing about the England - France game as that was one of the most exciting finishes ever.

I'm sorry for all the football fans that missed it, you should have been watching. Imagine that 90 minutes are up, and the last 3 minutes of extra time are on. Zidane gets a penalty in the 91st minute, which he promptly converts. Imagine getting a draw after 91 minutes of play. Then imagine the English goalkeeper fouling Henry to give France a penalty kick at the 93rd minute. Imagine Zidane coming again, and scoring. Imagine the dreams & hopes of all the English fans being crushed in 3 minutes. Of course, I'll never be able to describe this as it should have been described. Any football buffs out there should make sure that they catch the replay.

No comments: