July 02, 2004

Bushwhacking

George Bush is in a tough spot nowadays. The man is clueless about how to run a country, he can't even give a proper speech without mixing up some names. And there's Michael Moore, who's mission is to see that Bush is not re-elected. His movie Fahrenheit 9/11 is breaking records as I type this.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like Bush. It's just amusing to see him this way. Recently he gave an interview with an Irish newspaper before his trip to Ireland. And this reporter was not like her American counterparts, she didn't handle Bush with kid gloves. She went straight after him from the first question. Read the full transcript of the interview from the official White House site. I'll just put up some of the amusing bits over here:

Q: Indeed, Mr. President, but you didn't find the weapons of mass destruction.
THE PRESIDENT: Let me finish. Let me finish. May I finish?
He said -- the United Nations said, disarm or face serious consequences. [read on]

Q: There are terrorist bombings every single day. It's now a daily event. It wasn't like that two years ago.
THE PRESIDENT: What was it like September the 11th, 2001? It was a -- there was a relative calm, we --
Q: But it's your response to Iraq that's considered --
THE PRESIDENT: Let me finish. Let me finish, please. Please. You ask the questions and I'll answer them, if you don't mind. [read on]


Now that's what I call drama!

No comments: