July 13, 2004

Poems

I'm not someone who reads poetry. I can't handle Shakespeare, or any book written in verse for that matter. But I've read a few poems and there are some that I like. I have a confession to make. I carry around a page with some of my favourite poems printed in my wallet. It's kind of a tradition for me, I had been carrying the same page around for two years. Now it's finally time to lay that one to rest, so I printed a new. Here are it's contents:

Robert Frost:
The Road Less Taken
Stopping by the Woods on a Snowy Evening

Walt Whitman:
O Me! O Life!

Tolkien:
Second half of Journey's End [In ROTK]

Tennyson:
Ulysses [last stanza]

Dylan Thomas:
Do not go Gentle into that Good Night

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow:
The tide rises, The tide falls

I know it's not much, but these are pretty much the only poems I like. And that's quite a collection to fit on one page.

No comments: