July 21, 2004

Stuff

I've not posted for a few days, but I've been busy. Not busy per se, just dead tired. Almost 2 weeks of college and I've still not adjusted to the routine of waking up early. So, I've been like the walking dead for a few days, totally lethargic and oblivious to what's going on.

There are a few things though. First, it seems the Hotmail/Yahoo are blocking Gmail. A couple of friends have told me that they could not even forward mails from their own accounts. This is just a juvenile trick, instead of competing directly with Gmail, these guys are competing by proxy. I'll have to use my hotmail address till this whole mess is sorted out, it's ankitsolanki84 [at] hotmail.com.

[Start of Rant]
I've realised that 3-4 years of engineering are enough to kill any latent original thought/creativity left over from our school days. I hate this writing assignments shit, it's not like anyone actually prepares the answers themselves. And programming practicals are a joke, the professor never knows what to do and we are expected to keep producing the same programs as everybody else. I mean, what's the use of programming if the whole class is expected to write the exact same code?
[End of Rant]

Calvin: I used to hate writing assignments, but now I enjoy them. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!

No comments: