July 15, 2004

Waterfalls

Lately I've been enjoying going to college. Not college itself, its as dull as ever. But the journey to and fro, due to the rains. Last year, the direct second year admissions to engineering colleges were delayed and I started going from around August end. And I regret missing the rains back then.

You see, my college's at Nerul. To travel there, there is a wide stretch of open land between Mankhud and Vashi, 15 minutes by bus and 10 minutes by train. It's an open expanse, and at one end there's a long bridge over water. And lots and lots of mangroves. And with the rains, the scenery is truly breathtaking. The cold damp wind on my face is better at waking me up then 5 cups of coffee.

And there are a few minor hills in between. On days like today, you can see their tops covered in fog, which makes wish I keep a camera with me always. Today was a bonus. Waterfalls! It's expected that there will be minor waterfalls in hilly regions during the rain. But I didn't think that I'd be able to see them inside the city. The national park does not count, it's like a separate region.

All this has resulted in an increased enthusiasm on my part to go to college...

No comments: