August 26, 2004

Best Laid Plans

I got The Best Laid Plans by Sidney Sheldon from a friend. I've never read anything by Sheldon and nor was I planning to. But as I had nothing else to read, i took it.

I can honestly say that I'm not really impressed with this book. It was a fun read, but it's not something that I want to re-read. The book is predictable; it's about a woman who vows to get revenge on the man who hurt her, with political/power games thrown in. The story has promise, but fails to deliver. I could see the end coming from a mile away, too predictable. And the plot moves along too easily, people fall in love easily, they get manipulated easily.

Actually, I'm being way too harsh here. The book is fun to read. Just not good enough to warrant a purchase. Well, it seems that I am growing as a reader. A couple of years ago, I liked everything I read. But my taste has improved now. I can even point out an odd literary mistake here and there. Just hope that I don't end up a miserable critic.

No comments: