November 03, 2004

When it rains, it pours

Today is a bad day. It started out bad, and has progressively worsened [is this even a word?]. Lets start from the beginning.

I should begin by saying I've studied a little [Computer Networks] for the past 2 days. I was hoping that today will be the day day when I really kick off with my work.

Yesterday night [tonight, from 0:00 hours, but I always get confused about which tense to use] was too damn hot. So hot that I could not sleep till around 4 am. And I spent most of the night tossing and turning around. When I woke at 8 am, it was a cool 23°, because of some unexpected rainfall. Most of my pent-up frustration melted away at this, I love cool weather.

I had a dentist appointment at 10:30, so I reached there on time. But it happened that the dentist was delayed in traffic due to the rains, and I had to wait a hour without anything to do. Waiting is like hell to me, I should have taken some book to read. The appointment went all right, and I reached home around 1:00 PM.

As I sat on my comp, I noticed a burning smell. After 5 minutes of poking around, I realised that my computer power cable was burning through, and it was a miracle my PC was still working. After a quick shut down, I removed the spike guard and the cord.

After lunch, I slept some and then at 4:00 PM, went to get a new spike guard and power cord. Came home, and the spike guard was faulty. It did not start, and me being the imbecile I am, I did not test it at the shop. Again went out, replaced it, and came back. This time it worked, but it had a slightly different design that did not fit with my hardware arrangement.

So it was time to play around with all those wires, re-arranging them as much as I could. I'm not helpless with hardware, but I hate tinkering with it. And my organizational skills only go as far as files on my PC. These wires are a mess. And as my mom noticed that I've disconnected most of the stuff, and it's around time for Diwali, she asked me to clean the general area around the PC. After a half hour of doing this stuff, I finally booted the comp.

And to top it all off, it seems that Bush will almost certainly win. Just hope that there are no more incidents till tonight, I might lose it.

No comments: