December 05, 2004

Getting high

I went a little crazy yesterday. And found out something new: Shopping can sometimes be fun. You’ll get what I mean when you read this list of books I bought yesterday. It’s huge, it’s ambitious, and somewhat scary.

  • Orwell’s Animal Farm
  • Kafka’s Metamorphosis
  • Tolstoy’s Anna Anna Karenina
  • Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
  • Return of the Native by Thomas Hardy
  • Machiavelli’s The Prince
  • Dostoevsky’s The Idiot, and Crime & Punishment
  • Ayn Rand’s The Fountainhead
  • Heller’s Picture This
  • Henry Fielding’s Tom Jones

11 books! Don’t know what got into me, I just thought it was time to read some classics and kept buying stuff. I’ve not even heard the names of some of these books, while I wanted to buy some for a very long time.

I was saving up some money to buy more books than I usually do this time around, so it was not all crazy impulsive stuff. But if I get through reading these books by the end of this semester, which I doubt, then it’s time to start looking for a library.

Almost forgot, also bought a new printer yesterday. The Lexmark Z615, for 2100 only. Got the cheapest one I could find, but had no idea that printers are getting this cheap nowadays.

No comments: