February 27, 2005

Bushisms

Here goes, I just can’t resist…

  • “Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teach our children.”

  • “[It’s] time for the human race to enter the solar system.”

  • “I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family.”

  • “Rarely is the question asked: is our children learning?”

  • “But I also made it clear to (Vladimir Putin) that it’s important to think beyond the old days of when we had the concept that if we blew each other up, the world would be safe.”

  • “I do not believe we’ve put a guilty… I mean innocent person to death in the state of Texas.”

  • “I think we agree, the past is over.”

  • “People make suggestions on what to say all the time. I’ll give you an example; I don’t read what’s handed to me. People say, ‘Here, here’s your speech, or here’s an idea for a speech.’ They’re changed. Trust me.”

  • “The senator has got to understand if he’s going to have…he can’t have it both ways. He can’t take the high horse and then claim the low road.”

  • “If you’re sick and tired of the politics of cynicism and polls and principles, come and join this campaign.”

  • “When I was coming up, it was a dangerous world, and you knew exactly who they were. It was Us vs. Them, and it was clear who Them was. Today, we are not so sure who the they are, but we know they’re there.”

  • “We must all hear the universal call to like your neighbour just like you like to be liked yourself.”

  • “I think anybody who doesn’t think I’m smart enough to handle the job is underestimating.”

  • “For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It’s just unacceptable. And we’re going to do something about it.”

  • “It’s very important for folks to understand that when there’s more trade, there’s more commerce.”

  • “We’re concerned about AIDS inside our white house — make no mistake about it.”

  • “I’m hopeful. I know there is a lot of ambition in Washington, obviously. But I hope the ambitious realize that they are more likely to succeed with success as opposed to failure.”

  • “I have a different vision of leadership. A leadership is someone who brings people together.”

  • “In my sentences I go where no man has gone before.”

  • “I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully.”

  • “I think we ought to raise the age at which juveniles can have a gun.”

No comments: