April 04, 2005

Stupid. Really stupid.

OK, I don’t ever read again what I’ve read more than a week or so before. I’ve never read my really old archive pages. I don’t delete stuff, and one advantage of blogging is of course ‘the trip down memory lane’. I was bored today, and thought why not read some old stuff.

The problem is none of my really older posts have any comments left. I was like ‘Shit, did I mess up with the template again?’. But checking around, I know the template’s fine.

And here comes that part which really pisses me off — at myself really. I found out today that Haloscan deletes comments older than 4 months. OK, it does not delete them, but ‘archives’ them, and you can only restore them when you’re a paid member. Fuck.

That’s one reason to always read the fine print. When I started blogging, it was just for fun. I was playing around, experimenting with stuff. Now I really treasure some of the stuff I’ve written, hate some of it too. But I want permanence, damn it.

I’m really pissed right now. Oh well, time to enable Blogger comments. They’re not perfect, but at least I don’t get blindsided using them. Time for a clean break.

Check out the now empty-looking blog. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to get my older comments back, but I’m atleast going to save my Haloscan comments for the last 4 months on my disk.

1 comment:

Ankit said...

Sanity check.