September 25, 2005

Good stuff!

Yesterday I had to go to some relative’s place for whatever reason. I usually get out of stuff like this by making some excuse, but yesterday was conveniently timed for me. I could go there, show my face around for a while, and then shop for some stuff I wanted.

First of all, books! I found New & Secondhand after much searching, went in and was blown away. The descriptions don’t do any justice to how cramped that place is with books. I almost felt claustrophobic there. Plus there are so many books that for a while I didn’t know where to begin.

Didn’t have much time though, so just picked up a couple of books:

I don’t know why, but the place had at least 5 different hard-bound editions of Great Expectations by Dickens. Each looked great, some even had the original illustrations. Guess that’s the most popular Dickens book or something.

Next time I go there, I plan on cleaning up the shop if you catch my drift…

The book shopping was only my compulsiveness, what I really went there to get was a decent pair of headphones. In the last 6 months, I’ve gone through 3 pairs of cheap headphones that sucked. It was time to get a good pair, and forget about headphones for a couple of years.

The end result: Philips SHP805

Philips SHP805; which fits like a dream on my head, sounds divine, and nearly finished up my account balance. But it’s gonna be worth it I’m sure.

3 comments:

humbl devil said...

gr8 pair u got there...
thnx for giving me ideas...

Ankit said...

Hope you'll be allright... getting ideas from me is not the smartest thing to do ;)

Girl said...

Heck, I'd rather get ideas from you than from most of the people I know.