It’s near the end of the exams, and I want me books!
Already ordered a couple at Strand:
Am getting the Bradbury book real cheap—250 bucks when the list price is 700. And I’ve heard nothing buy good things about The Simoqin Prophecies.
And have been deliberating on buying some of these ones from Sify:
- Stardust by Neil Gaiman
- American Gods by Neil Gaiman
- Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency by Douglas Adams
- The Long Dark Tea-time Of The Soul by Douglas Adams
- Demolished Man by Alfred Bester
- More Than Human by Theodore Sturgeon
- Dune by Frank Herbert
- Neuromancer by William Gibson
- Perdido Street Station by China Miéville
- Lest Darkness Fall & Bring The Light by David Drake & L. Sprague de Camp
- The Man In The High Castle by Philip K. Dick
Of course this is just the preliminary short-list; and already I’m way over my budget. As you can see, I’m on a sort-of SciFi/Fantasy spree, and that includes checking out the classics in the genré.
Am open to any suggestion you can throw my way. I need to limit my spending this time around to 2000 bucks, so I’ve gotta make many tough decisions.