February 16, 2006

Some (quick) book reviews

Lord of the Flies is amazing. And downright disturbing. Don’t think the book would have been as effective if the characters were grown-ups…

The Scarlet Pimpernel is fun. As heroic tales go, this is pretty much standard fare. Was just thinking that if this were a new book, I’d have thought that it lacked depth. Amazing what you’ll forgive as long as the book you’re reading is old…

And if anyone’s listening, stay away from any Chetan Bhagat book you see. My sis’ bought both Five point someone and One Night @ The Call Centre. I read them, and by the end I was really pissed off. The books start off well, but it all becomes an unforgivable mess near the end. ’Nuff said.

Tags:

4 comments:

Liz Hasiuk said...

Hola Ankit!

You've been tagged, my dear! ;)

1) Name five of your favourite books.

2) What was the last book you bought?

3) What was the last book you read?

4) List five books that have been particularly meaningful to you (in no particular order).

5) Name three books you've been dying to read but just haven't gotten around to it?

6) Tag five people and have them fill this quiz out on their own.

Cheerio...
Liz Hasiuk

Ankit said...

Been there, done that...

Vivek said...

I agree, Chetan Bhagat does make a horrendous mess of his creations by the time one reaches the back cover, and one really wishes to reach it fast, by the time one has come midway.

Free Element said...

I am no literary genius. The book 'five point...is an easy-fun read. Different strokes for different folks I guess.