May 12, 2006

Humour/Satire

“People are taking their comedians seriously and the politicians as a joke.”–Will Rogers

Humour is the best defence mechanism there is. When there’s nothing else you can do (or want to do) about things, why not laugh at them?

Whenever I think of politics, it depresses me to no end. The futility of believing, and the frustration of failures. I’ve never voted, and never will. I choose instead to mock. Satire makes life fun.

I don’t follow Indian politics at all. I know more about what goes on in the States than what’s going on over here. I have Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert and Bill Maher to thank for that…

4 comments:

The Unrest Cure said...

One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors - Plato

Sad, innit?

Ankit said...

Yup, am used to that.

The Unrest Cure said...

I can never get used to it.

BTW - where do you watch John Stewart, Stephen Colbert and Bill Maher?

Ankit said...

Visit One Good Move to get your daily quota of clips from those shows.