May 20, 2006

Plans

I don’t get people who keep worrying about their future and need to plan their life in detail. And I certainly don’t get people who don’t ever know what they’re gonna do next.

I have always been a smug person. I think I’ve gotten most of what I wanted from life so far—probably more than I deserve. And I know it.

My life so far has been a sequence of so-called ‘moments of clarity’. I’ve a terrible memory, but there are some moments in life that I remember perfectly. Using a computer for the first time. The time I started reading books again.

Of course there are failures too. Like me trying to play the guitar. I’m hopeles at it: though I’m still trying and keep hoping that I’ll just learn it by osmosis.

I usually have a clear picture of what sort of person I’m gonna turn into. I don’t plan for it, but these sorts of things are like self-fulfilling prophecies: you just can’t help but make ’em true.

Tags:

1 comment:

Sunil Natraj said...

You know what, not all of us are as lucky.