July 14, 2006

Opinions

Edited version of a chat I had with Sunil. My messages only:

Most people frame opinions just to mirror what others are thinking; to fit in, that is.

Some decide what they want to believe, and then try and figure out some factual basis to support their opinions.

Almost no body ever frames an opinion after getting the relevant facts… at least not about anything important.

Only difference is, I know my opinions are pointless… So I never try to justify them.

Well, he said he didn’t believe me. So:

Too bad … that’s my cynical opinion.

Based on years of observation :P

This drivel was prompted by him forwarding to me a mail conversation he had with guy talking about all sorts of heavy stuff: religious intolerance and all that. After the recent blasts. Trying to talk sense into the religious zealot.

Of course I started off quoting one of the classics of the internets:

Never argue with idiots they drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.

Then followed all of the above. It was a fun conversation for five minutes. Poor guy, he stood up for what he believed in, and I give him crap for it :)

Tags:

1 comment:

Rohit said...

Ah, I have one more for you:

"Arguing with an idiot is like wrestling with a pig, you both get dirty and the pig loves it."

:)