What I think will happen1.
- Germany wins against Portugal on Saturday.
- Italy wins the cup on Sunday.
France is a good team, but I’m pretty much certain that they can’t win against Italy. Some more predictions:
- Zidane will be magnificent in the final, but to no avail. Italy’s defense (especially Cannavaro, and Nesta if he’s fit) will not allow him any space.
- France will probably score first, and it’ll be because of Franck Ribéry. The man can fly I tell you.
- Totti will be terrible, he’ll be substituted in the second-half.
- Italy’ll come from behind and score in the second half. Expect someone unlikely to equalize, Gattuso maybe.
- Extra time: expect a few good saves by Buffon, and then an Italian goal, maybe by Pirlo or Luca Toni.
Now if all this turns out to be right, I should switch careers and become a full-time prophet.
- No guarantees.↩